Monday, September 12, 2011

Yesterday 9/11/2011

10 years ago yesterday I was in Boise Idaho. I had a roommate in the Air Force, a best friend in the Army, a friend in the Marines, and a pen pal in the Navy.  I woke up that morning with the TV still on and I thought I was watching a movie at first but then realized I was watching the Today show. I stood there in shock for a moment but quickly got dressed and rushed into work. I asked my co-workers if they knew what was going on , no one knew what I was talking about so I asked them to turn on the little TV we had in the warehouse office. The rest of the day we watched that little TV in horror over what unfolded. My four friends in the Military left not to long after that, all but one made it home.




Also yesterday was Grandparents Day!!!
Mine have all passed away so this day is a day of remembrance for me. I would like to share a few things about each of them.

Grandpa B-  Grandpa was a very smart person, I remember if you asked him a question he would explain the answer to you the long way. I would sit with him and we would play along watching Jeopardy.

Grandma B-  Grandma worked extremely hard to take care of everyone and I mean everyone. If you asked her for help she would give you what you needed. I remember Birthday shopping trips and her spaghetti

Grandpa Urry-  Grandpa had a great sense of humor and I remember his laugh. Family games of croquet in the back yard with Grandpa and Cousins.

Grandma Urry-  I remember my visits with Grandma after Grandpa died, I would pick up dinner and we would watch musicals.


No comments:

Post a Comment